Dirty Secret Trail Run
This Saturday, May 11th, 2019
Congratulations on finding out “the secret” before everyone else and getting registered for the sold out Fleet Feet Dirty Secret Trail Run in Cool, CA. We can’t wait to see you hitting the trails this Saturday. We just need to pass along a few important details to make sure everyone is ready to go THIS Saturday (the 11th) and get dirty up in Cool.
Directions to Start/Finish:
(Northside Elementary School – 860 Cave Valley Rd., Cool, CA 95614)
- From I-80 West: Take exit 119C Elm Ave. Turn right on Elm Ave. Turn left CA-193 East. Turn right to stay on CA-193. Turn right on Cave Valley Rd.
- From I-80 East: Take exit 119C Elm Ave. Turn left on Elm Ave. Turn left CA-193 East. Turn right to stay on CA-193. Turn right on Cave Valley Rd.
Parking / Carpool:
Parking is limited at the start at Northside Elementary School. Please carpool as much as possible and arrive early.
Yes, some of these rules may seem pretty silly to some of you out there, but we have to say them all for a reason (because people have tried it).
- No leg or foot casts
- No strollers
- No dogs
- Please NO Headphones. No headphones will be permitted by runners/walkers participating at Dirty Secret. No exceptions.
Packet Pick-up: Yes, you can pick up a friend’s packet.
- Friday, May 10: 10:00 am to 6:30 pm Fleet Feet, 2311 J Street, Sacramento
- Race Day-Saturday, May 11: opens at 6:15 am at Northside Elementary School, Cool, CA.
- 7:30 am – Long Course (Road pace under 9:00 min./mile)
- 7:40 am – Long Course (Road pace over 9:00 min./mile)
- 8:15 am – Short Course (Road pace under 9:00 min./mile)
- 8:25 am – Short Course (Road pace over 9:00 min./mile)
Aid Stations – Aid stations will feature water and nuun electrolyte replacement drink. You should carry your own gels. Aid stations will be at the following locations:
- Mile 1.34
- Mile 3.48
- Mile 7.78 (long course only)
Caution, You May Get Wet!!!
With some wet trails in your future as well as a stream crossing, we advise bringing at least extra shoes and socks for after the race. Don’t say we didn’t warn you. A full list of our favorite necessities can be found HERE.
Hoka Time to Fly Zone
An exciting feature in Dirty Secret Trail Run this year is the Hoka Time to Fly Challenge! Save some energy for a strong finish! All participants are encouraged to participate. The Short Course Hoka Time to Fly Zone, which will be clearly marked and equipped with timing mats, will be approximately the last half mile of the course. The Long Course Hoka Time to Fly Zone will be approximately the last 1.5 miles of the course. The fastest male and female competitor will receive a special prize from Hoka! Finish strong with Hoka.
Any and all other details you may need can be found HERE.
Check out our local race calendar for more great races in the area HERE.